Thursday 19 July 2012

There's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking

Seth and I have never had professional pictures taken. No engagement photos of us staring into each others eyes at some green woodsy city park. No first year of marriage hand-holding pictures while walking down to the end of dock. We had a photographer at our wedding mostly because I'm pretty sure it's illegal not to, resulting in a $1000 fine and up to 30 days in jail. Somehow we never actually had any of those pictures printed (although my parents purchased the proofs cd as an anniversary gift so at least I could look at them on the computer if I really wanted to). I remember a wedding photo book coming with the package and picking out photos for it over a year later but I've never actually seen the book. Never laid eyes on it. In almost seven years. It's at my parents house somewhere. I think.

It's terrible. I know. But I'm just not a professional picture kind of person. I don't dislike them or have anything against the families that get yearly family photos done. It's just not my thing. Like spaghetti. Or corn. Why does everyone like spaghetti and corn? I don't really get the big deal about those either. Whenever we ask Seth's mom what she wants for her birthday she begs for a picture of us together. She doesn't even ask us to print it. Emailing it to her is fine. We're that bad. But, dear friends, the day has come. We are getting professional pictures taken this weekend. A friend gifted them to us back in the spring. We've already post-poned them once or twice. It's time. We will be hitting the below beach at an undisclosed hour this weekend (no paparazzi, please) and praying that it's empty so we don't totally cheese out any beach goers with our awesome professional photo shoot poses.


Hand holding. Eye gazing. Staring out at the ocean together. The sky is the limit really. I'm pretty stoked about it actually. Partly because it'll be fun to have someone documenting us just goofing around on the beach. Partly because, knowing us, we won't have professional photos done again for another seven years.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see these photos!! We've get professional photos each year on a cruise, but never had a photo shoot like this. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete