Friday 28 September 2012

Summer Goals Follow-Up

I guess it's no good setting goals if you never check back to see how you did. If you remember, I wrote a post about my summer goals a few months ago. My hope was that goals would help me make the most of the slower summer season. I realize it's now late September but I wanted to look back and see how I did.

1. Make it to the beach once a week.
2. Spend more time every day on the back porch.
3. Get outside and be active.
4. Have friends over for dinner several times a month.

I have to say, I'm pretty proud of us. We really hit all of them in June and July. Life got a little busy in August. We both got dengue and then we left island for a few weeks. But even if we didn't have friends over or make it to the beach much in August, we did two new-to-me St Thomas hikes. Here are some outtakes from our hike from Dorothea out to Njelteberg and back.










I liked having seasonal goals. Even though August wound up too busy to keep up with them, I feel they kept me from wasting the time we did have in June and July. I'll definitely do this again. Maybe for Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment